Director of Partnerships and Learning
- I get energized by creating moments, experiences, and movements where people see themselves and each other in radical new ways.
- I believe in the power of our individual and collective impact, and come ready to foster learning through inquiry, humor, urgency, and passion.
- I stand for interrupting and course correcting injustice, harm, and dehumanization. I stand with those who value interdependence and believe in health as a fundamental human right.
- I care about caring for caregivers. The ripple effect of both harm and healing. Creating cultures and climates of work and play that are ripe with joy, learning, reflection, and connection.
Show Select Roles
This was one of the best TA trainings I’ve ever been to. Leora was great. I have so much to take back to my district”— Grantee on national SAMHSA-funded school mental health initiative
- Director of Partnerships and Learning at CARS
Leads agency’s approach to providing high quality and client-centered technical assistance; designs and executes professional development experiences for education and mental health partners; monitors, improves, and streamlines logic models, strategic navigation plans, and documentation processes; leads interdisciplinary teams of internal and external staff
- Knowledge Transfer Specialist, Pacific Southwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC), funded by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Serves as lead for all school-based mental health activities; contributes to project leadership and planning; outreaches and collaborates with stakeholders and service recipients; conducts technical assistance, trainings, consultation, facilitation, and resource and curricula development; provides guidance on areas of expertise
- ReCAST Field Director, Now Is The Time (NITT) Technical Assistance Center, SAMHSA
Engages grantees to build trauma-informed and resilience-oriented cultures; provides coaching and training; establishes and maintains relationships with clients and partners; ensures high quality support for ten city and county agencies nationwide; manages teams of evaluators, technical assistance providers, and community engagement specialists
Learn More About Leora:
EdD, Education Leadership, University of California, Los Angeles
- Trauma and resilience
- Racial justice
- Crisis prevention, intervention, and postvention
- School climate and school-based mental health
- Violence prevention
- School Climate and Student Support Specialist, WestEd
- Senior Program Associate, Center for Powerful Public Schools
- School Partnership Manager, College Summit Bay Area