Senior Research Associateksilva@cars-rp.org
- I believe that good health and well-being is a human right, not a privilege.
- I am committed to working in partnership with oppressed communities to achieve positive health outcomes, creating effective tools to build a future of health equity, and advocating for evidence-based health policy.
- I bring lived experience to the work as a woman of color who comes from a community like those I am now committed to serve.
- Knowledge Transfer Specialist, Pacific Southwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC), funded by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Delivers customized TA, facilitation, and coaching to state agencies, local providers, CMHS grantees, and other relevant audiences, both onsite and remotely; identifies and disseminates relevant resources; contributes to development of products, curricula, and resources on areas of expertise; facilitates collaborations among state and local stakeholders. Identifies and reports on TA recipient “success stories,” emerging areas of need, and collaboration and coordination opportunities; collaborates with SMEs, other Regional TA Centers, and other federal TA providers
- Research and Evaluation Specialist, Pacific Southwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC), funded by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Oversees performance assessment and GPRA measures, and reports quarterly into SAMHSA’s Performance Accountability and Reporting System (SPARS); analyzes TA participant surveys to assess satisfaction and progress toward Center goals; provides reports on deliverables achieved and outcomes reached; establishes and implements plans to ensure safe storage of all collected data; supports the meaningful and ongoing use of data to drive quality improvement efforts; compiles annual reports detailing outcomes and identify recommendations for improvement
- Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Specialist, Community Prevention Initiative (CPI), funded by California Department of Health Care Services
Contributes to research and support for the CPI Evidence-Based Practices Workgroup; develops and facilitates standardized and customized cultural and linguistic competence trainings; collaborate with other TTA Team staff or CPI consultants as needed to meet TTA requestors’ needs; provides content expertise on the development of training curricula, publications, and other products; provides in-service training to other staff, consultants, or DHCS on areas of expertise, as requested; facilitates workgroup meetings, interagency meetings, and/or annual conference sessions
- Technical Assistance Specialist, Now Is The Time (NITT) Technical Assistance Center, funded by SAMHSA
Provides training and technical assistance for national mental health initiatives, including the Resilience in Communities After Stress and Trauma (ReCAST); fosters relationships with grantees, funders, and partner organizations; and provides guidance and visioning on an array of research, evaluation, synthesis, product development, and direct technical assistance and training services to the field; contributes directly to product and resource development
Learn More About Kristi
Learn More About Kristi:
PhD Candidate, Behavioral Epidemiology
MA, Health Communication, Foreign Language Linguistics
- Health equity
- Health policy and advocacy
- Cultural and linguistic competence
- Latinx, immigrant, refugee, and Limited English Proficiency (LEP) populations
- Ethnic Association Team Lead, Safe Schools/Healthy Students, American Institutes for Research
- Project Director, Mental Health Interpreter Training (MHIT), National Latino Behavioral Health Association