Communications Specialist and Research Associate
- I work to connect people with resources that will accelerate their efforts and inspire change.
- I believe in the power of well-written publications to deepen expertise and promote lifelong learning-to-practice.
- I develop practical tools with the goal of empowering agencies to create more equitable systems for and with diverse, underserved communities.
Show Select Roles
I appreciate the work that went into creating these perfect modules [that Kim created]! The tone and content are just what we are looking for. They are really fabulous.”— Client on student wellness course designed for all California Community Colleges online students
- Communications Specialist, Pacific Southwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC), funded by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Coordinates development of products and publications; oversees project newsletters and social media presence; develops factsheets and other resources; contributes to project planning
- Communications Specialist, Now Is The Time (NITT) Technical Assistance Center, funded by SAMHSA
Writes issue briefs, factsheets, and other research-based documents on topics such as opioid use prevention, referral pathways, and homelessness; oversees all project newsletters and announcements for multiple grantee cohorts; works with subject matter experts to develop products and publications; contributes to time-sensitive projects reports and syntheses
- Communications Coordinator, California Community Colleges Student Mental Health Program (CCC SMHP), California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office/Foundation for California Community Colleges
Creates project newsletters and website content; develops publications and multimedia on topics such as basic needs (e.g., homelessness), services for students with disabilities, and disaster response; contributes to project planning
- Communications Coordinator, Community Prevention Initiative (CPI), funded by California Department of Health Care Services
Contributes to product planning and development; develops project newsletters and social media content; works with subject matter experts to implement funder-requested changes; creates project reports and syntheses
Learn More About Kim:
MA (PhD Candidate), English Literature, University of California, Davis
- Writing and research
- ublication planning and development
- Innovative product modalities
- Social media and newsletter communications
- Online course design
- Senior Writer/Editor, Project LAUNCH (Linking Actions for Unmet Needs in Children’s Health) Technical Assistance Center, funded by SAMHSA (CARS)
- Communications Coordinator, California Reducing Disparities Project (CRDP) LGBTQ Technical Assistance Center, funded by California Department of Public Health, Office of Health Equity
- Associate Instructor, University Writing Program, University of California, Davis