Senior Research Associate
- I stand for social justice, equality, and the freedom to live an authentic life. I stand with all those who are marginalized, misunderstood, and mistreated by systems that harm them that need to be disrupted.
- I care about preventing mental illness and substance use disorders among those misunderstood by traditional health care providers. I do this work to create environments people need to overcome their isolated, overwhelmed, and invisible histories, and thrive in the present moment.
- I like to think outside the box to find new pathways for achieving fairer and more equitable communities, a stronger less divided nation, and new ways for society to be humane to one another.
Show Select Roles
I have a feeling you [Ken] will be a resource for many of the providers who heard and learned from you today.”— Consultant on aging services and LGBT cultural competency
- Project Co-Director, California Reducing Disparities Project (CRDP) LGBTQ Technical Assistance Center, funded by California Department of Public Health, Office of Health Equity
Directs the provision of technical assistance and training to seven grantees implementing and evaluating innovative programs for the prevention and early intervention of mental health disorders; provides a community-based vision for addressing community and cultural intersectionality when reducing disparities in health and welfare; contributes to products and services on areas of expertise
- Technical Assistance Specialist, Community Prevention Initiative (CPI), funded by California Department of Health Care Services
Supports management of training and technical assistance services; outreach and collaborate with service recipients and subject matter experts; provides training and technical assistance services on areas of expertise, including strategic prevention planning; contributes to project planning and leadership
- Local Evaluator for a Tobacco Use Prevention Program, funded by Orange County Health Care Agency
On a biannual basis, analyzes and reports on processes and outcomes for six objectives related to the reduction of youth access and use of cigarettes and vaping devices.
Learn More About Ken
Learn More About Ken:
Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning, California State University, East Bay
BA, Psychology, University of Ann Arbor, Michigan
- LGBTQ health disparities and culturally competent services
- Substance abuse prevention planning and evaluation
- Data collection and evaluation among LGBTQ populations
- Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards
- Project Manager, California Community Colleges Student Mental Health Program (CCC SMHP), CARS
- Project Manager, Community Alliance for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CA-CLAS), CARS
- National Cross-Site Evaluation of High-Risk Youth Demonstration Grant Programs, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Substance Abuse Prevention