Distance Learning Managerjoshel@cars-rp.org
- I care about implementing technologies that make work as easy and efficient as possible for my team, so that they can focus on providing services in the field.
- I love making my team’s work come to life through graphic design. I’m always “fixing” documents to make them more beautiful and consistent.
- I feel that the purpose of my work has always been to help others – from providing services to military spouses, to instructing teachers and students to use technology, to supporting CARS’ work in the mental health and prevention fields.
What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”
- Distance Learning Manager at CARS
Manages all distance learning platforms and coordinates more than 150 virtual trainings annually; designs and maintains CARS’ internal tracking database; oversees compliance will all state and federal IT security and privacy requirements, including Authorization to Operate (ATO) process; provides graphic design; directs identification, implementation, and technical support of new technologies
- Distance Learning Manager, Now Is The Time (NITT) Technical Assistance Center, funded by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Supports registration, hosting, and coordination for more than 50 annual online trainings and communities of practice; designs publications, multimedia products, and training presentations; manages compliance with all SAMHSA security procedures; coordinates directly with staff and subject-matter experts on training facilitation
- Distance Learning Manager, Project LAUNCH (Linking Actions for Unmet Needs in Children’s Health) Technical Assistance Center, SAMHSA
Coordinates and submits successful ATO application; supports virtual training hosting and facilitation; provides graphic design for publications and trainings
- Distance Learning Manager, Community Prevention Initiative (CPI), funded by California Department of Health Care Services
Designs annual conference event binders and workshop session materials; coordinates with subject-matter experts on training design and facilitation; creates infographics and other visualization tools; designs research-based publications
Learn More About Joanne
Learn More About Joanne:
BS, Information Technology; Marketing, e-Marketing, and Graphic Design Minors; Franklin University, Ohio
- Graphic design and presentation formatting
- Database management
- Distance learning platforms and management
- Project management tools and technologies
- IT principles and practice
- Distance Learning Manager, California Reducing Disparities Project (CRDP) LGBTQ Technical Assistance Center, CARS
- System Technology Coordinator/Teacher, St. Mary School System
- Program Manager, Regional Office of Education