Senior Research Associate
- Immigrating as a pre-teen and growing up in Oakland, I deeply understand the challenges of living an integrated life in the midst of multiple intersectional identities.
- I believe in justice, equity, and fairness and working with disenfranchised people.
- I support a sense of connection among individuals, groups, and communities. I support small achievements of awesomeness.
Show Select Roles
Daniel is active and engaged in bringing up young talent.”— Program Officer
- Subject Matter Expert, Pacific Southwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC), funded by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Provides expertise on cultural and linguistic competence and responsiveness, mental health services equity, and working with communities of focus, including Asian American and Pacific Islander (API) communities in California, Hawaii, and the Pacific region; contributes to resource, training, and curricula development and delivery
- Project Co-Director, California Reducing Disparities Project (CRDP) LGBTQ Technical Assistance Center, funded by California Department of Public Health, Office of Health Equity
Supports grantees as a program, evaluation, and organizational development thought leader and partner; engages in project planning and leadership, including service delivery and scope of work fulfillment; contributes to products and services on areas of expertise, including working with LGBTQ API communities
- Cultural Competence and Collaboration Coach, Now Is The Time (NITT) Technical Assistance Center, funded by SAMHSA
Provides resources and guidance on using a cultural humility lens to consider practice, perception, program design, outreach, recruitment, and evaluation; incorporates coalition-building and collaboration activities to address bias and promote health equity
- Community Prevention Initiative (CPI), California Department of Health Care Services
Develops and facilitates training curricula on areas of expertise, including substance abuse prevention among communities of people living with HIV/AIDS; contributes to long-term curriculum planning; facilitate large-scale events with a focus on culturally and linguistically competent and responsive behavioral health services
Learn More About Daniel:
MS, Counseling, California State University, San Francisco
- Culturally and linguistically responsive behavioral health services
- Health disparities impacting ethnically diverse Asian American and Pacific Islander (API) populations
- HIV/AIDS services, with a focus on serving urban, API, and transgender populations
- Co-occurring substance abuse and HIV/AIDS
- Organizational and program development
- Multiple Strategic Prevention Framework – Partnerships for Success (SPF-PFS)-funded projects through Center for Substance Abuse Prevention
- Directed Center for Substance Abuse Treatment-funded clinic and school-based services for teens
- Project Director – Federal Programs, Asian American Recovery Services